Jay Farrar flipped me off - the real story.

Bob Weir

Post by Bob Weir »

Frankly I don't even think that is Mark Spencer.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

I am hoping at some point Mark Spencer and Bob Weir say this is just a hoax.

Sachsen

Post by Sachsen »

1. This thread is awesome. Pass the popcorn!

2. Mark, I'm amazed you're up this early, posting. Don't all musicians sleep in until noon?

3. I can't wait for the show tonight in OKC! *Note to self: don't yell for Postcard or Whiskey Bottle.*

Bob Weir

Post by Bob Weir »

And I would never yell out Whiskey Bottle, that's cheesy.

Bob Weir

Post by Bob Weir »

Mark, why are you so up in arms about all of this anyway? Why can't you just be glad that there are people out there that take the time to discuss what's going on with the band and take a true interest in what you guys are putting out there for us on the road? I think you're a great player, especially loved you when you supported Jay during his solo tours, those shows were awesome. I just don't get it, have Jay take down the website if it irks you that much.

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

Last edited by Mark Spencer on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

dcarter wrote:I have read this thread since it's inception and must say that I find it amusing. I have only been on 4 band message boards but from my limited experience this is the first time I have seen a thread where fans and band members insult one another. I expect such from fans but band members? I know that Ryan Adams often posts similar things in his blog but have never seen it directly on his mesage board. Is jf.net on the cutting edge regarding fan/musician beef?
Maybe that old Who nugget is applicable, both in the initial fracas and its ultimate conclusion:

We're not gonna take it
Never did and never will
We're not gonna take it
Gonna break it, gonna shake it,
let's forget it better still

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

I have read this thread since it's inception and must say that I find it amusing. I have only been on 4 band message boards but from my limited experience this is the first time I have seen a thread where fans and band members insult one another. I expect such from fans but band members? I know that Ryan Adams often posts similar things in his blog but have never seen it directly on his mesage board. Is jf.net on the cutting edge regarding fan/musician beef?

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

Hey Mark, really looking forward to the show tonight in OKC. I can almost guarantee that I won't flip you or Jay off. I can't say the same for Duplantis though.

Bob Weir

Post by Bob Weir »

And by the way, if Jay wants to make fun of someone he should have made fun of the guy standing literally 2 feet from the mike stand the whole show with his camera phone pointed at him filming him. Sorry but that shit is creepy to me, I honestly thought Mark David Chapman had escaped from the psych ward or something. To me that would make Jay a lot more uncomfortable than me yelling "Postcard" every now and then, but hey what do I know? I'm an addict that didn't get properly breastfed per Mark Spencer.

Bob Weir

Post by Bob Weir »

To Rick V and manshank, I really do appreciate the support, like I said it was a stupid thing to do, especially at that particular show where it was a low-key venue and a Sunday night no less. I wouldn't say I was a distraction the whole show, however I must admit I yelled out "Postcard" several times, and that always annoys me when someone at a show does that. But at least I was yelling a cool and obscure song and not "Windfall!" or "Drown!" like some idiot that doesn't know shit about Jay's history of songs would have been doing.

manshank

Post by manshank »

LOL..................Oh my

I always wanted to be in the know.....or is that no?

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

Last edited by Mark Spencer on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

peace and love...
Last edited by saratoga jay on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

manshank

Post by manshank »

Indeed...thats what JT would have done