I'M PISSED!!!

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

I spoke to Jeff on the phone previously. He has made right my issue I had which luckily was a overcharge/shipping issue not a missing disc problem. Seems like a stand up guy. However, I hope the bugs get worked out quick.

wrb1910

Post by wrb1910 »

I wasn't whining, I was complaining or maybe I am now. All I asked for was for MY SHIPPING CHARGE TO BE REFUNDED!!! $6.00!!!

Thanks and have a nice day :D

buker

Re: re: I'M PISSED

Post by buker »

milesofmusic wrote:Hi Folks,
Jeff from Miles of Music here. I'm going to take this one opportunity to describe the steps we took to make sure the pre-ordered copies of Stone, Steel & Bright Lights arrived to fans on time with a signed booklet...
OK, I didn't get a lot of the other jokes about trolls and such, but this was a good one.

saratoga jay

can you feel it?

Post by saratoga jay »

ok everyone.....group hug time! :roll:

milesofmusic

re: I'M PISSED

Post by milesofmusic »

Hi Folks,

Jeff from Miles of Music here. I'm going to take this one opportunity to describe the steps we took to make sure the pre-ordered copies of Stone, Steel & Bright Lights arrived to fans on time with a signed booklet.

Both Jay's manager and the distributor agreed with us that we should get the discs early enough so we could get them in the mail so they would arrive to US fans by street date. While not unheard of, Jay's manager and the distributor made a special exception in this case because last time around we got the discs so close to street date that there was no way they'd arrive on-time. We got pilloried in this forum for not getting discs out to you guys on time so we made sure to correct that.

Given how many we shipped and the few folks who found fault we were pretty successful in my opinion. Many of you probably received the disc before street date.

For those that received a package that was missing the CD, we are extremely sorry about that and made every effort to immediately get another disc in th mail to you. You understand, I assume, that we play no role in actually putting the CD in the case and shrink wrapping it. We get sealed goods from the distribution.

There were four that received a package with no disc. We scrambled to get discs back out the door immediately, At the time the distributor was out of discs as they had shipped every piece out to stores. We made it happen, though. I'm not looking nor expecting congratulations. I'm just saying that we did our job.

For someone out there who has whined about us not giving them a refund for their "inconvenience" we offered a full refund providing the signed book got sent back to us. The offer was declined. Those that bought through us did so largely to get the autographed copy. We understand and appreciate that. But, that was part of the package.

There were a several phone calls to our office about why it took so long for the disc to get there. Upon review we discovered EVERY ONE of those calls from US customers had their shipments delayed because their credit card was declined this first time around. All of them. They all received an e-mail immediately indicating the card had been declined, instructing they contact us as soon as possible to clear up the problem. A few customers called immediately and, I suspect, they got discs by street date.

We'd like to just ship stuff out based on the hope and prayer that we'll get paid but it just doesn't work that way.

Last year we rightfully took our knocks because we under-anticipated the demand and didn't plan ahead.

This year we did our homework, learned from our mistakes, got the blessing of all parties involved, and got the discs out to the fans, in many cases, before street date.

We take care of customers when we screw up. It is the policy I set when I started this company eight years ago. We won't, however, sit idly by while a few folks who felt pissed or inconvenienced by factors out of our control or their over-extended credit decide to go public with complaints.

I welcome contact to me directly at either jeff@milesofmusic.com or at 818 765-8836 if you have comments, questions, or complaints.

Jeff Weiss
Miles of Music

darell™

Post by darell™ »

that sucks!

i'd ask for a refund and then go buy it locally.

wrb1910

Post by wrb1910 »

Talus,

I'm in Raleigh NC....

Boots

Post by Boots »

When I ordered TB from Miles last year it came about a week late. I sent them a fairly nice in tone email, but they never got back to me, so I emailed them again, but still heard nothing. I'll never order from them again, and I was able to walk across the street and pick up the CD on my way home from work yesterday.

Talus

Post by Talus »

wrb1910 wrote:I figured what the heck, I'll just go and buy it from my local store. Well I went to School Kids records and they were sold out in my area.

My biggest problem is that I have to hear from everyone else how good it is.

Also, when I spoke to Miles of Music yesterday they said that so far this has happened to about 5 or 6 other people. I know it's not their falt but they could have waived the original shipping charge or something.

Oh well, I've done enough venting.

"HE LOOKS LIKE A LIE, NOTHING'S FREE IN THIS COUNTRY WHEN THERE IS NO PLACE TO HIDE NO MORE"

"
School kids records? are you from Athens?

Bound to Get Burned

Post by Bound to Get Burned »

I haven't even gotten mine yet and I pre-ordered mine from Miles of Music. This same thing happened to me last year. I'm pissed too. WHERE'S MY CD!!!!!

When I pre-order, I expect it to be here on or before the release date.

I guess I'm bound to get burned when I order from them.

wrb1910

Post by wrb1910 »

I figured what the heck, I'll just go and buy it from my local store. Well I went to School Kids records and they were sold out in my area.

My biggest problem is that I have to hear from everyone else how good it is.

Also, when I spoke to Miles of Music yesterday they said that so far this has happened to about 5 or 6 other people. I know it's not their falt but they could have waived the original shipping charge or something.

Oh well, I've done enough venting.

"HE LOOKS LIKE A LIE, NOTHING'S FREE IN THIS COUNTRY WHEN THERE IS NO PLACE TO HIDE NO MORE"

"

cowboydown

bummer

Post by cowboydown »

I'd be upset. Go out and buy it retail from your local music store today and ask Miles Of Music for a refund. Waiting a week just doesn't cut it. If you do ask for a refund let us know how good their customer service is. Bad CS = no return biz... Good luck

sawyer

Post by sawyer »

my niece's husband is stationed in Baghdad for another 10 months.

loosestring

Post by loosestring »

accidents happen. don't blame the retail outlet for something that's not their fault. relax.

wrb1910

I'M PISSED!!!

Post by wrb1910 »

I pre-ordered Stone, Steel & Brightlights from miles of music and they sent me the case with NO CD. I called them and they said that this has happened to a few customers that bought the same CD/DVD. They are mailing me the new cd but I have to wait another week to get it. Miles of Music will not give me any compensation for my Inconvenience. :evil: So I'm Pissed.