What's your guitar

SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

You're guitar had better not be a gibson les Paul goldtop obtained illegally :x

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

half-n-half wrote:
what book is that? who is in the picture? is that a leg in the back in the dark room?
the book is probably some type of baby instruction manual :D .

the pic is the wife and i circa 2005 in ft. lauderdale and i can't tell what is in the dark room. :?:

Low4

Post by Low4 »

Good Luck with the Ric, TS. I've got a jetglo 360 I've had for nine years. Many guitars have come and gone, but I'm never getting rid of my Ric.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

stretch wrote:Too bad you live so far.. John Gray's repaired/brought to life guitars/violins..he totally redid an old madaline for me, which one of my bluegrass buddies borrowed ..belive it's in Colorado..backed up a mutual friend about 5 weeks ago and the guy is coming for visit this summer and will return the vintage mando..hopefully.. Anyhow, Johns done guitars for joe walsh,adrian Belew, buddy guy,,a slew of folks..

Tallman
Sounds like a good man to know!

I called Rickenbacker(top notch customer service!) and spoke to a luthier. He's going to coach me through the repair. $40 in parts and I got the guitar on the cheap, so there isn't much to lose doing it myself.

stretch

Post by stretch »

half-n-half wrote:
Tupelo Son wrote:A little help stretch?.......love those family fotos. You got some real gems there!

Above the reply box, click the "Img" button before and after the picture url.
wow. thats a lotta guitars.
what is that contraption in the frontish right of the photo?
it's o.k. if its none of my business. i understand
that looks like a fun house too.

please stay strong!
Got back last nite and off in 15min..all day today..allday thursday..allday friday. The friends..thought you got into the guy who posted my pic on thephoto bucket deal!!
yup, love my friends..
on the right is a vintage stroller, both my son's moved back in with wife and I and last december, young son and fience and baby girl. Olivia Rose! So, I'm gramps... full house...lovein' it, though!

Thanks for the help posting. Too bad you live so far.. John Gray's repaired/brought to life guitars/violins..he totally redid an old madaline for me, which one of my bluegrass buddies borrowed ..belive it's in Colorado..backed up a mutual friend about 5 weeks ago and the guy is coming for visit this summer and will return the vintage mando..hopefully.. Anyhow, Johns done guitars for joe walsh,adrian Belew, buddy guy,,a slew of folks..

Tallman

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

Going to try and bring this one back to life. '99 Rickenbacker 330. The truss rod on the bass-side is snapped (it's got two truss rods, ugh...). Definitely new territory for me. Professional guidance has been sought out, and.....sure hope I don't f*ck it up. It's too nice to just sit in a case and go unplayed.

dEvRoNiKa

Post by dEvRoNiKa »

I got to visit the first guitar I ever purchased (and subsequently gave away) years later to my Pops-in-Law. A lovely chocolate Takamine; I loved it a lot. I don’t really know why I gave it to him. A lapse in judgment many years ago, I guess? Nah – It’s fine. He takes such great care of it that I can’t complain. Anyhow, I got to see it on Saturday. I should have taken a photo. I was 19 when I bought it, so it’s obviously VINTAGE. (har) $400 dollars. That was a lot of dough when I was 19.

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

Tupelo Son wrote:A little help stretch?.......love those family fotos. You got some real gems there!

wow. thats a lotta guitars.
what is that contraption in the frontish right of the photo?
it's o.k. if its none of my business. i understand
that looks like a fun house too.

please stay strong!

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

camaroheadus wrote:yamaha eterna cira mid 80's

the behringer stratocaster copy

i also have an dixon-odessa acoustic.

love em all!
what book is that? who is in the picture? is that a leg in the back in the dark room?

stretch

Post by stretch »

just got home. watch the game. leave for 2 daze 'bout 5 am..oh, why, oh why..i said yes, ..a promotion would be a nice thing.
the 2nd link is some of the things I play..left to right..

My 1991 washburn set like a D-28 real nice action.

a 1940's or early 50's clasical Garcia..my luther is fixed up..I'll give to my brother when done.

Real cool arch-top from late 30's early 40's ..on loan from old friend. it was hanging in cabin for lots of years ..was one of benny Goodmans gutarists axe..not Charlie Christian..friends father pasted on and never told the whole story on how got shortly after ww11.. plays..well, jazzy.

Mid 70's Ibonez..needs some work..plays great..only not to often for me.

mid 90's squire strat..with clapton guts..my brother found a guitar in shop that someone did the pete townsend to..low and behold..the electronics were..EC. I dropped in squire..had set up..cool.

A Guild single truss 12 string ..mid 6o"s has 0063 on the inside?? so i don't know..had set up by the guy that works on all my guitars..and it rings..

My guitar that i play most is on the right. Is a John Gray ( he's done all my fix it up stringed things) basically gibson body, d-28 neck, ES style fat jazz frets..action is set slightly high, 'cause i fool w/slide. great guitar. Some folks might know John from yesteryear as he's out of the Champagne-Urbana area and has worked on UT stuff..talks of the Tweedy at times, however, I'm not a prying soul..met and seems to remember fixin' a Jay guitar or 2. John's most infamious for that whole REO sidetrip he took..great guy. my partner of late..and we haven't played for about 3 weeks.. has one of John's built out of Kauri wood. look up 'ancient timbers'.. it's the 50k old stuff out of new zealand. very difficult to work with..sounds warm and rich..very colorful.

i've got various basses and guitars out there on 'loan'..i gotta get my gibson lotus( the secondary gibson house-back in early 70's?-- 'cheap' but, this one is way cool.) single coil back..fav electric.

someday i'll figure out how to really post a pic.
..gone for 2 days..on the road again..

tallman

GO State!

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

A little help stretch?.......love those family fotos. You got some real gems there!

stretch

Post by stretch »

stretch

Post by stretch »

camaroheadus

Post by camaroheadus »

yamaha eterna cira mid 80's

the behringer stratocaster copy

i also have an dixon-odessa acoustic.

love em all!

derekf

Post by derekf »

I couldn't swing a dead cat without knocking a few of them out.