Any hot chicks in this discussion group?

freeuntilcaught

Post by freeuntilcaught »

tgrock wrote:

"Sorry I didn't mean to be disrespectful, but we are guys. I should have asked if their were any woman in this audience, since I was curious and like to here a woman's point of view - and if she is intelligent. By the way I do focus much more on personality and intelligence than on looks. It was supposed to be more of a humorous discussion topic, not to be so serious."

Are you implying that all guys are disrespectful? I'd be inclined to agree. We're not all guys and you didn't ask if there are women in the audience you asked about chicks. I use the word myself on occasion, but I prefer to just be called hot.

countryBoy

Post by countryBoy »

Alexa, mmmmmmm SAUCY!

Long Slow Fade

Post by Long Slow Fade »

Anybody remember Alexa?

She's hot.

wild-flower

reply to tgrock, gblues, everyone else

Post by wild-flower »

hey everyone,
governmental politics often makes me upset and sad, that's one reason why i'm such a farrar fan (one could say that i have hippie tendencies). i don't have a green dress. hey, say whatever you want, this is your discussion group. have a good day! :D :D

princess buttercup

Thank You Saratoga Jay

Post by princess buttercup »

for recognizing my sarcasm, although I will say that a lot of the new young girl fans of Wilco have been the screaming, fainting type ala Elvis in the 50's or The Beatles in 1965, but that's solely my own personal experience

tgrock

Post by tgrock »

wild-flower wrote:As a woman, I have to say do you think you are being respectful when you ask "are there any hot chicks in this discussion group?"

Jay Farrar is by far my favorite musician--excellent songwriter, skilled guitar player, and a man living his life not trying to be a huge "star". Farrar speaks of today's issues and I believe he could be, and is, very influential to many people who are confused about "the world."

Since it was mentioned earlier, I will say that I am a Tweedy fan. Although I haven't purchased a Tweedy album since "Summerteeth"--i just listen to friends' albums and shows. I have all of Farrar's albums except for the live EP (i'm sure i'll get it soon) and i have some shows.

Lastly, after reading some of the various postings from the Bush vs. Kerry discussion I have to say that some of you may want to take the time to be more respectful in your posts. It really is O.K. to be nice. There is plently of aggression in this world, does hostility really need to show its face on a message board for a musician's fans?
Sorry I didn't mean to be disrespectful, but we are guys. I should have asked if their were any woman in this audience, since I was curious and like to here a woman's point of view - and if she is intelligent. By the way I do focus much more on personality and intelligence than on looks. It was supposed to be more of a humorous discussion topic, not to be so serious.

Oh, and your pt about the hostility - well, its difficult to be so diplomatic when our country is just melting in front of us with no one seemingly aware or caring and its difficult to discuss issues with people who are ignorant and so unaware or uninformed of what actually is going on. 1.3 million more impoverished in the last year and 1.4 more uninsured and wages stagnant - and all people care about is the perception of one's vulnerabilities.

gblues

to wildflower

Post by gblues »

Look here missy,yes this is a musicians message board & the posts are under a catagory called GENERAL DISCUSSION.
General-not confined by specialization or careful limitation.
Discussion-to talk or write about;cosider the pros and cons.
My intentions are not shitty,I promise,I just think people should feel free to say whatever they please in a place such as this. As far as hostility goes(re: the Bush,Kerry thing),I think when it comes to politics and being political,hostility is not such a bad thing,esspically when you are passionate about these things. I have always found when I get into a heated discussion about politics or religion, I am at my most honest when I start to get riled up,I have no "filter" from my brain to my mouth,I don't hold back,it's a waterfall of brutel honesty,I tend to hold back if I have a cool head,trying to spare anothers feelings. I am only speaking for myself & my own expierences here & I would expect all others forumers to do the same including yourself.

countryBoy

Post by countryBoy »

does wild-flower own a green dress???
HAHA, Nah that was sawyer!

saratoga jay

???

Post by saratoga jay »

does wild-flower own a green dress???

countryBoy

Post by countryBoy »

Hey Wildflower any chance you're going to the show at the Gothic, you sound HawT! :lol: I look just like Jay so we should hook up, I'll be the chubby sober guy.

Just kidding.

wild-flower

Post by wild-flower »

As a woman, I have to say do you think you are being respectful when you ask "are there any hot chicks in this discussion group?"

Jay Farrar is by far my favorite musician--excellent songwriter, skilled guitar player, and a man living his life not trying to be a huge "star". Farrar speaks of today's issues and I believe he could be, and is, very influential to many people who are confused about "the world."

Since it was mentioned earlier, I will say that I am a Tweedy fan. Although I haven't purchased a Tweedy album since "Summerteeth"--i just listen to friends' albums and shows. I have all of Farrar's albums except for the live EP (i'm sure i'll get it soon) and i have some shows.

Lastly, after reading some of the various postings from the Bush vs. Kerry discussion I have to say that some of you may want to take the time to be more respectful in your posts. It really is O.K. to be nice. There is plently of aggression in this world, does hostility really need to show its face on a message board for a musician's fans?

Godsownsinger

Post by Godsownsinger »

Man, we are really grasping for topics these days! :cry:

saratoga jay

relax

Post by saratoga jay »

i don't think princess means to insult those who prefer jeff over jay but rather just added a little sarcastic post.......i could be wrong but thats how i read it.

scalzunfield

Post by scalzunfield »

Shallow?

Don't you think that's kind of an insult to those on the board here who happen to like Tweedy AS WELL AS Farrar?

Amazing how people bitch about others trying to draw the unfair comparison TEN YEARS after the breakup and then they make statements like that...genius.

I will say that I do prefer Tweedy to Farrar right now. That could change with the next release from either of the two, but right now I prefer Tweedy over ANYONE making music today (although I must admit I still prefer Trace over just about every other album ever made).

I don't think shallow people like Tweedy more than Farrar. I think it's just the simple fact that people like the direction Tweedy has taken with his music at this juncture. For all anyone knows, his next move could sink him and Jay's next move could bring him right up to the top again like he was with Trace.

There is a distinct line between the two men. They are both great songwriters. They both make music. Enjoy it while you can.

princess buttercup

Post by princess buttercup »

i'm just speculating, but i find most women to be shallow and therefore they go for Tweedy over Farrar