Son Volt Reforms And Returns To Studio

HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED

Post by HEAVEN MUST BE LEARNED »

KOOL! AWESOME! this is great news--guess i will be on the road alot in 2005.

JJ

Post by JJ »

Totally speechless.....the best news I've had in a long time.

DS

Label

Post by DS »

I noticed Sharon said they aren't affiliated with a label. What about Transmit Sound?

bigdaddy

Post by bigdaddy »

Wooooooooooooooofuckinhoooooooooooooooooo!!!

Swear to god, sittin' in my car the other day thinkin' to myself "I hope that Jay doesn't give up on rock n' roll for good." Love the solo shit but nothin' beats the full band. Good for Jay. I'm gonna go crank up some Straightface.

Final thought - this probably means that we're going to see all the Son Volt shit back in the live repertoire and the solo shit adapted for the band.

Also, the boys better be comin' to Toronto or I'll be pissed.

sawyer

Post by sawyer »

yay!

Barnum

Post by Barnum »

You fucking shittin me?

Now I have to clean up all the coffee I spit all over my monitor.

Sweet...

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

all I can say is WOW!!!

This is amazing.

TinyElvis

Post by TinyElvis »

Tears are in my eyes... this better not be some kind of September Fools joke!

TinyE

Transmit Sound

Son Volt Reforms And Returns To Studio

Post by Transmit Sound »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 22, 2004

NO ONE EVER SAID IT WAS OVER: SON VOLT REFORMS AND RETURNS TO STUDIO

Midwest-based Son Volt, with songwriter Jay Farrar at the helm, will begin recording their fourth full length album at the end of September. Following a five-year hiatus, with the exception of the April 2004 recording of “Sometimes” for the Alejandro Escovedo tribute album, multi-instrumentalist Dave Boquist, bassist Jim Boquist and drummer Mike Heidorn will reconvene at Farrar’s St. Louis studio. Speaking about the “Sometimes” session, Farrar says: "It felt like we hit the ground running when we recorded Al's song for Por Vida. Five years seemed like five days at that point. It proved that more recording and performing as Son Volt is something that should happen."

As this revered band reconnects, a unique glimpse inside the Son Volt sessions will be offered. Beginning October 1, a webcamera will be placed in the studio to capture a day of pre-production and 16 days of recording. The webcamera can be accessed at www.jayfarrar.net/webcam and will feature streaming photos that refresh every 5 seconds.

Farrar formed Son Volt in 1994 after the dissolution of Uncle Tupelo. With the release of Trace, Straightaways and Wide Swing Tremolo, the band was met with praise by the public and critics alike. From the plain-spoken chorus of “Windfall” to the gritty guitars of “Straightface”, Son Volt has always pushed the boundaries to blend traditional American music forms with poetic imagery and straight-ahead rock.

Son Volt is not currently affiliated with a label and plans to return to the road in early 2005.