2008 MLB

kellyann

Post by kellyann »

manshank wrote:Ah yes.....baseball the last American sport not ruined by TV..............................................................yet

but about to be ruined by instant replay. garbage.

somehow the diamondbacks after playing like absolute shit
are still up 3.5 on the dodgers, albeit the nl west is the worst division
in the majors right now.

and the yankees lose the ace and bring in fucking sydney ponson
and "hank" steinbrenner is worse than his father. at least his father
was SMART but an ass. "hank" is just an ass. his comments on DH
were absurd.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

manshank wrote: I love the Sox but its become almost unbearable to go to a game with all the dumbass beautiful people going who don't know a baseball from a beachball, they have turned Fenway Park into a country club.........in some respects it was better when the Sox sucked
The douche factor is higher than it used to be. But let's not go making sweeping generalizations now.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

manshank wrote:could have a Cy Young winner this year so they could.........the lefty guy.......it will be interesting to see when contracts start coming up and if management will spend the bucks to keep them or if they go off to the Yanks, Sox or some other big spending team.

I love the Sox but its become almost unbearable to go to a game with all the dumbass beautiful people going who don't know a baseball from a beachball, they have turned Fenway Park into a country club.........in some respects it was better when the Sox sucked

I hear you in regards to the new fans. It's more of a social outing for some. I stopped going to Bucs games long ago for the same reason.

The Rays were smart this offseason and signed both Kazmir and Shields thru until 2012. They still need to lock up Edwin Jackson, Garza and Sonnanstine. David Price, who is in the minors, is supposed to be better than any of them.

manshank

Post by manshank »

Ah yes.....baseball the last American sport not ruined by TV..............................................................yet

Talus

Post by Talus »

The Indians have a worse record than the Pirates. Jesus. :oops:

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

the shankster! hey dude! no wonder yer all up in the ass of this baseball thread. :)

manshank

Post by manshank »

could have a Cy Young winner this year so they could.........the lefty guy.......it will be interesting to see when contracts start coming up and if management will spend the bucks to keep them or if they go off to the Yanks, Sox or some other big spending team.

I love the Sox but its become almost unbearable to go to a game with all the dumbass beautiful people going who don't know a baseball from a beachball, they have turned Fenway Park into a country club.........in some respects it was better when the Sox sucked

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Lawrence Fan wrote:When did Tampa get a team?
A superb staff, with an average age of 25, means they will be around for some time.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

[/quote]
... I'd be extremely surprised if they move to Tampa seeing as they have a lease with the City of Saint Petersburg for the next 2 decades.[/quote]

I'll hold my breath and see what happens with the City of Seattle lease with the Sonics...but it appears that David Stern and 28 NBA franchise owners don't think a lease means much (not that I realistically would think any major league sports franchise would break the lease with 20 (TWENTY) years remaining!).

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Jr. just got number 600 against the Marlins.

saratoga jay

Post by saratoga jay »

Lawrence Fan wrote:When did Tampa get a team?

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

When did Tampa get a team?

el caballo loco

gdavis5446 wrote: Fair enough. I am not sure how long ago you were there, but they have made drastic improvements over the past two years. They're also trying to build an open air park right down the street. Unfortunately, it's not in any better of a spot than the existing one. A park in Tampa would probably be better for attendance, as the demographics in South St Pete are not the most desirable. I'd be extremely surprised if they move to Tampa seeing as they have a lease with the City of Saint Petersburg for the next 2 decades.
On the positive side, the Rays have arrived as a franchise. They need to drop the "tough guy" routine, but they are a legit squad. Young, talented, great pitching. Looks like they will be in the hunt all year.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

el caballo loco wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:The Trop isn't half as bad as people think.
No, it's 3 times worse.
So you've been there? Specifically, what makes it so much worse than other parks you've attended?
It's a dome for one. It's generic and sterile. It's dark and depressing. It's the home of the Rays (Devil Rays when I saw them). The visiting team (the Red Sox) easily had more fans than the Ray did. The place was 1/2 empty. It's in an isolated location, surrounded by nothing put parking lots.
Yes it is a dome. The 95 degree heat, daily thunderstorms and 90% humidity, all of which last for six months, make playing in a dome pretty much a requirement as far as I am concerned. 11 straight years of losing ain't going to put asses in the seats, unless a bunch of bandwagon Sox and Yankee fans want to play dress up for the evening. And most of Florida is a parking lot. Why should downtown St Pete be any different?
All valid points. However, still doesn't make up for the simple fact the place is one of the worst venues in the majors.
Fair enough. I am not sure how long ago you were there, but they have made drastic improvements over the past two years. They're also trying to build an open air park right down the street. Unfortunately, it's not in any better of a spot than the existing one. A park in Tampa would probably be better for attendance, as the demographics in South St Pete are not the most desirable. I'd be extremely surprised if they move to Tampa seeing as they have a lease with the City of Saint Petersburg for the next 2 decades.

el caballo loco

gdavis5446 wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
el caballo loco wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:The Trop isn't half as bad as people think.
No, it's 3 times worse.
So you've been there? Specifically, what makes it so much worse than other parks you've attended?
It's a dome for one. It's generic and sterile. It's dark and depressing. It's the home of the Rays (Devil Rays when I saw them). The visiting team (the Red Sox) easily had more fans than the Ray did. The place was 1/2 empty. It's in an isolated location, surrounded by nothing put parking lots.
Yes it is a dome. The 95 degree heat, daily thunderstorms and 90% humidity, all of which last for six months, make playing in a dome pretty much a requirement as far as I am concerned. 11 straight years of losing ain't going to put asses in the seats, unless a bunch of bandwagon Sox and Yankee fans want to play dress up for the evening. And most of Florida is a parking lot. Why should downtown St Pete be any different?
All valid points. However, still doesn't make up for the simple fact the place is one of the worst venues in the majors.