Post by unchartedthickets »

"As I went walking I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said "No Trespassing."
But on the other side it didn't say nothing,
That side was made for you and me."

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

----
Last edited by ShuckOwens on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

It as a certain allure I find tempting. And I agree with Fen, there SHOULD be a button for clearing all one's posts.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

ShuckOwens wrote:
Dr. Zapatos wrote:Figure someone close Shuck personally or professionally found out his persona here and Shuck didn't want any nosing in on it, thus he deleted his posts. Fair enough, there should be a "delete all your posts" function on all internet forums.
Not true. As the entire internet becomes a global bookface, I followed Mr. Spencer's lead to shrink my cyber footprint a bit.
Understandable, I did the same thing.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:Figure someone close Shuck personally or professionally found out his persona here and Shuck didn't want any nosing in on it, thus he deleted his posts. Fair enough, there should be a "delete all your posts" function on all internet forums.
Not true. As the entire internet becomes a global bookface, I followed Mr. Spencer's lead to shrink my cyber footprint a bit.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Lawrence Fan wrote:
ShuckOwens wrote:
Lawrence Fan wrote:I wonder how long it would take to comment out 6500 posts?
If you identify with the struggle of another fan here, and share in the difficulties of coping with severe depression for instance, only to have a cool guy snark it back in your face, you might find the time.
Okay, seriously I had no idea who it was that has severe depression. I was blissfully ignorant. By your response I am assuming it was you, so I apologize if you found mt post offensive. All I was commenting on was that I noticed that you nerfed most if not all of your replies in this thread, and it prompted me, in a weird sort of non-practical way - which happens to me often - to consider a) how long it would take to edit ALL of my posts, and 2) to what effect? And that was about the extent of it.
Figure someone close Shuck personally or professionally found out his persona here and Shuck didn't want any nosing in on it, thus he deleted his posts. Fair enough, there should be a "delete all your posts" function on all internet forums.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

ShuckOwens wrote:
If you identify with the struggle of another fan here, and share in the difficulties of coping with severe depression for instance, only to have a cool guy snark it back in your face, you might find the time.
Okay, seriously I had no idea who it was that has severe depression. I was blissfully ignorant. By your response I am assuming it was you, so I apologize if you found mt post offensive. All I was commenting on was that I noticed that you nerfed most if not all of your replies in this thread, and it prompted me, in a weird sort of non-practical way - which happens to me often - to consider a) how long it would take to edit ALL of my posts, and 2) to what effect? And that was about the extent of it.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

half-n-half wrote:I’m amazed at a quiet ocean
I’m amazed at your warm devotion
I’m amazed at what the people sayin’
I’m amazed by a divided nation
like the rhythm of the earth I get disrupted

I’m amazed at all that has been
I’m amazed at all that will be
I’m amazed at the tv stations
I’m amazed what they want me to believe

after all is said and done – where is the justice?

I’m amazed – the lack of evolution
I’m amazed – at the lack of faith
I’m amazed – at the love we rejecting
I’m amazed – what we accept in its place

like the rhythm of the earth
and the rhythm of the ages
like the rhythm – I get disrupted
Guns for Jesus!

what?

half-n-half

Post by half-n-half »

I’m amazed at a quiet ocean
I’m amazed at your warm devotion
I’m amazed at what the people sayin’
I’m amazed by a divided nation
like the rhythm of the earth I get disrupted

I’m amazed at all that has been
I’m amazed at all that will be
I’m amazed at the tv stations
I’m amazed what they want me to believe

after all is said and done – where is the justice?

I’m amazed – the lack of evolution
I’m amazed – at the lack of faith
I’m amazed – at the love we rejecting
I’m amazed – what we accept in its place

like the rhythm of the earth
and the rhythm of the ages
like the rhythm – I get disrupted

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

ShuckOwens wrote:Thankfully, we're all fans of an artist who does not write exquisite music about love, loss, solitude and other complexities of life.... therefore not inclined to expound upon his body of work with other enthusiasts via the internet.
What would be the point in that?

It's like being in the army, you're out in the desert somewhere, and when you finally run into someone with of a similar disposition, something inside of you says you won't get along.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:
ShuckOwens wrote:
That just sucks, you probably should know better than spilling out your inner feelings on the internet as likely it will be used to your disadvantage.
Thankfully, we're all fans of an artist who does not write exquisite music about love, loss, solitude and other complexities of life.... therefore not inclined to expound upon his body of work with other enthusiasts via the internet.

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

ShuckOwens wrote:
That just sucks, you probably should know better than spilling out your inner feelings on the internet as likely it will be used to your disadvantage.

You guys should never have popcorn together btw. I on the other hand, intend to eat popcorn tonight.