Last concert you went to?

the art guy

Post by the art guy »

Um.....Probably Wayne The Train Hancock.

Oh, hey. What's up?

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

dcarter wrote:Nice to see you, too, Greg. Their energy is amazing, especially Rhett. He goes gonzo for a solo set then goes ultra gonzo with the band. Wow.

My highlight was Nineteen during Rhett's set, because I always want to hear it live and haven't for years, so I'll take it solo.
Yeah 19, that was really good. Surprised that song is not a staple. Great crowd for a sunday night in St Pete too.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Nice to see you, too, Greg. Their energy is amazing, especially Rhett. He goes gonzo for a solo set then goes ultra gonzo with the band. Wow.

My highlight was Nineteen during Rhett's set, because I always want to hear it live and haven't for years, so I'll take it solo.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Good seeing you Doug. Old 97s were fantastic. I can't think of many bands that play with that kind of energy. 'House That Used To Be was probably the highlight for me.

Coffee Creek

They were sure easy on the eyes, too!

Post by Coffee Creek »

Those Darlins played here in the 'Dale a while back.

They were great ... tore it up for sure.

I can't wait to see/hear them come through here again!

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

dcarter wrote:"I Don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way"? I love it. Very moody. I'll hopefully remember to burn you a copy unless you'd rather buy it at the show and support Murry. Or you can buy me a beer for the pirate copy to support me.
I don't get out much so I might be good for both.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

"I Don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way"? I love it. Very moody. I'll hopefully remember to burn you a copy unless you'd rather buy it at the show and support Murry. Or you can buy me a beer for the pirate copy to support me.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

dcarter wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
dcarter wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:Hopefully seeing the Old97s on Sunday.
We will be there. Unfortunately, Those Darlins are no longer opening but Rhett is doing a solo set. It evens out, I guess.
I reckon. Wanted to see Those Darlins. Really like their two cd records. That Lake Fever Session they did with John from Deer Tick on guitar rocked. I guess he's married to one of them Darlins.

http://www.lakefeversessions.com/session/those-darlins/
They flat out tore it up when they opened for the Old 97's last time. We became big fans. The Daytrotter session they did is worth downloading. Back in 2009, we saw the 97's in Indianapolis. Murry opened, then Rhett did a set, then the band blew the roof off. One of the best concerts ever.
Murray's songs keep getting better. Still have not heard that solo record he did. I will probably see you there.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

gdavis5446 wrote:
dcarter wrote:
We will be there. Unfortunately, Those Darlins are no longer opening but Rhett is doing a solo set. It evens out, I guess.
I reckon. Wanted to see Those Darlins. Really like their two cd records. That Lake Fever Session they did with John from Deer Tick on guitar rocked. I guess he's married to one of them Darlins.

They flat out tore it up when they opened for the Old 97's last time. We became big fans. The Daytrotter session they did is worth downloading. Back in 2009, we saw the 97's in Indianapolis. Murry opened, then Rhett did a set, then the band blew the roof off. One of the best concerts ever.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

dcarter wrote:
We will be there. Unfortunately, Those Darlins' are no longer opening but Rhett is doing a solo set. It evens out, I guess.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Last edited by dcarter on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Hopefully seeing the Old97s on Sunday.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Mount Moriah at King's Barcade in Raleigh, NC. Absolutely killer. Crooked Fingers headlined, but Mount Moriah stole the show.

Tim in Chapel Hill

m.truslow

Post by m.truslow »

Last two concerts were: Ryan Adams @ the Myerhoff in Baltimore. Wye Oak @ Ottobar in Baltimore. Great shows especially Ryan @ the Myerhoff. Mind blowing.

OldSchoolDropout

Last show seen

Post by OldSchoolDropout »

Trampled By Turtles @ Cat's Cradle / Carrboro, NC

Damn, I'm getting old and my knees hurt for days (thank you hard court bball) after a show now. But nothing makes me feel alive and younger than a night out with my friends and some great live music.