What other country/rock music do y'all like?

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

thatbeat wrote:asshole.

i've gotten so many good suggestions from folks on here over the years, its silly how much my record collection has expanded from this forum alone.

at least i've had a taste of most of what y'all put out here, if I don't like it, I put it back. simple.
Exactly. Hopefully some folks were turned onto Titus Andronicus that you shared on the 2012 comp.

thatbeat

Post by thatbeat »

asshole.

i've gotten so many good suggestions from folks on here over the years, its silly how much my record collection has expanded from this forum alone.

at least i've had a taste of most of what y'all put out here, if I don't like it, I put it back. simple.

Huddybud

Post by Huddybud »

turpentim wrote:
turpentim wrote:
Huddybud wrote:I see...You're the music police. Please grace us with your choice picks.
For what it's worth, not only do I think your list is full of great stuff, but you just introduced me to Sons of Fathers. Thank you, sir! Great, great stuff.

Tim in the ATL
I must agree also that SOF's first record is fantastic. The second record ('Burning Days') on the other hand... What were they thinking? A very disappointing departure from the first.

Tim in the ATL
Yeah...not sure what's up with their second release. Hopefully they'll get back on track with their next effort. Glad that you enjoyed some stuff on the list. That's what this forum is all about after all.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Spiderbags mostly

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

turpentim wrote:
Huddybud wrote:I see...You're the music police. Please grace us with your choice picks.
For what it's worth, not only do I think your list is full of great stuff, but you just introduced me to Sons of Fathers. Thank you, sir! Great, great stuff.

Tim in the ATL
I must agree also that SOF's first record is fantastic. The second record ('Burning Days') on the other hand... What were they thinking? A very disappointing departure from the first.

Tim in the ATL

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Tim in the ATL

Monkeygunner

Post by Monkeygunner »

Music is subjective - we all know. I'll tell you the bands ya don't get a ticket for in yo list:

Will Johnson
Richard Buckner and
Steve Malkmus

The rest I'll have you pull over and take the sobriety test....

Peace out and enjoy the show

Huddybud

Post by Huddybud »

I see...You're the music police. Please grace us with your choice picks.

Monkeygunner

Post by Monkeygunner »

Huddybud wrote:Richard Buckner and Jay should be considered national treasures. Lucky to have both of them.

So my list...
Buckner
Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams
Jason Isbell
Waylon
Lucero
Pavement
The Head and the Heart
William E. Whitmore
Kevin Gordon
Sons of Fathers (1st album is sweet)
Steve Forbert
Yoakam
Willie
Ha Ha Tonka
Ray Lamontagne
Zoe Muth
Frontier Ruckus
JTE
Frightened Rabbit
Decemberists
The National
Calexico
Centro-matic/Will Johnson
Richard Walters
Dylan
Built to Spill
Blue Mtn.
Byrds
Israel Nash Gripka
Eddie Vedder/early Pearl Jam
Arcade Fire
Wow, lots of crappy bands in dis list

Huddybud

Post by Huddybud »

Richard Buckner and Jay should be considered national treasures. Lucky to have both of them.

So my list...
Buckner
Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams
Jason Isbell
Waylon
Lucero
Pavement
The Head and the Heart
William E. Whitmore
Kevin Gordon
Sons of Fathers (1st album is sweet)
Steve Forbert
Yoakam
Willie
Ha Ha Tonka
Ray Lamontagne
Zoe Muth
Frontier Ruckus
JTE
Frightened Rabbit
Decemberists
The National
Calexico
Centro-matic/Will Johnson
Richard Walters
Dylan
Built to Spill
Blue Mtn.
Byrds
Israel Nash Gripka
Eddie Vedder/early Pearl Jam
Arcade Fire

amzie

Post by amzie »

Richard Buckner performed in pajamas last time he was here and looked kinda scruffy. Hey, I noted your Feral Fire pick in another thread. I think What I Don't Become is an OUTSTANDING CD by Glossary. Other favorite countryish rock bands--Wrinkle Neck Mules, the Dexateens.

amzie

Post by amzie »

Richard Buckner performed in pajamas last time he was here and looked kinda scruffy. Hey, I noted your Feral Fire pick in another thread. I think What I Don't Become is an OUTSTANDING CD by Glossary. Other favorite countryish rock bands--Wrinkle Neck Mules, the Dexateens.

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

Alarming lack of Stones props in this thread.

Lovin' the fact Buckner told people to shut the fuck up & called them cunts. Going to pop my Buckner cherry Tuesday night. He's opening for Califone. Yee Haw!

smoke

Post by smoke »

Didn't catch that show. I live in Kansas City, MO and he came through the area three times within a month. I was able to make it to two of the shows. One was average and one was sublime. I can't wait till the new record. The new songs were very impressive.

cowboydown

Dick Buck

Post by cowboydown »

smoke, did you happen to d/l buckner Live at Schuba's Tavern (1/29/1996) on STG a few weeks back? Great set list and the sound is awesome. Great early buckner stuff! Makes you pick up your guitar...