Desert Island Top 7

calexico

Post by calexico »

A 240GB iPod Classic? Seems so.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1145854 ... grade.html

My 160GB is nearing the end of it's life too and the only decent alternative apart from Apple seems to be the newer Sony Walkman but still nowhere near the storage capacity of the classic.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Tokyo Fan wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
dcarter wrote:Deserted island lists are now pointless. If I could listen to 7 discs while living on a deserted island, then I could listen to my iPod that contains all of my music. Better to say, "What 7 albums would you choose, if by some bizarre circumstance you could only listen to those 7 albums and no other music for the rest of your life?"

Like gdavis, I could not come up with such a list.
Doug, you still have an IPod classic too right? Have you made plans about what you are doing when it dies? Discontinued and that is a bummer. I heard Sony Walkman is producing something comparable but nothing could replace the greatness and simplicity of the 120 IPod.
My I-pod "may" have died. It died once before and then was miraculously resurrected so I just set this one aside while it decides whether it is truly gone or not.
The first time around, the Apple Genius guy pronounced it dead. I held onto it, was moving and tried it 4 years later prior to throwing it out. It worked for another 2 years until possibly biting the dust a couple of weeks ago.
That sucks. Starting to have some concerns about mine and battery life.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

gdavis5446 wrote:
dcarter wrote:Deserted island lists are now pointless. If I could listen to 7 discs while living on a deserted island, then I could listen to my iPod that contains all of my music. Better to say, "What 7 albums would you choose, if by some bizarre circumstance you could only listen to those 7 albums and no other music for the rest of your life?"

Doug, you still have an IPod classic too right? Have you made plans about what you are doing when it dies? Discontinued and that is a bummer. I heard Sony Walkman is producing something comparable but nothing could replace the greatness and simplicity of the 120 IPod.
My I-pod "may" have died. It died once before and then was miraculously resurrected so I just set this one aside while it decides whether it is truly gone or not.
The first time around, the Apple Genius guy pronounced it dead. I held onto it, was moving and tried it 4 years later prior to throwing it out. It worked for another 2 years until possibly biting the dust a couple of weeks ago.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

dcarter wrote:Greg, I bought a new 240 maybe a year or 18 months ago, so hopefully I'm set for a while. But i agree about how perfect the classic is. I imagine someone will make a replacement because old fuckers like us are a permanent market. We want all of our music in a something we can put in our pocket. Brilliant.
Jeesus, did not know 240 even existed. Guard that thing with your life homie.

barclocksays3am

Post by barclocksays3am »

Tokyo Fan wrote: Bill Evans Trio Waltz For Debby
I almost put Sunday At The Village Vanguard on my list

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Greg, I bought a new 240 maybe a year or 18 months ago, so hopefully I'm set for a while. But i agree about how perfect the classic is. I imagine someone will make a replacement because old fuckers like us are a permanent market. We want all of our music in a something we can put in our pocket. Brilliant.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Deserted island lists are now pointless. If I could listen to 7 discs while living on a deserted island, then I could listen to my iPod that contains all of my music. Better to say, "What 7 albums would you choose, if by some bizarre circumstance you could only listen to those 7 albums and no other music for the rest of your life?"

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

If you put a gun to my head I could not come up with a list. Even if you gave me 20.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Only seven!? Ten is hard enough, but seven, hmm:
The Beatles White Album
The Band Stage Fright
Son Volt Trace
Rickie Lee Jones Naked Songs
Bill Evans Trio Waltz For Debby
Neil Young On the Beach (or Tonight's the Night, or Zuma or Rust Never Sleeps...whichever I grab first)

The last one. I have a feeling I'd want to hear another female voice....so maybe Joni Mitchell (who just came on my shuffle mode as I write (!), but then again maybe Carla Olson...or non-female and go back to Dylan (Desire) or Whiskeytown Faithless Street, or The Who Who's Next. So I don't know!

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

The Snake reappears armed with seven Weiland classics. Long live The Weil!

trousersnakeandlarry

Post by trousersnakeandlarry »

Scott Weiland - 12 Bar Blues
Scott Weiland - Happy
STP - Core
STP - Purple
STP - Tiny Music
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Velvet Revolver - Libertad

countryfeedback

Post by countryfeedback »

Uncle Tupelo- Anodyne