Need 2 tickets for Mill Valley Sweetwater show 6/18

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Was going to post a short review of the Pioneertown, CA show, but it is essentially the review that Thrasher posted here. Very cool vibe at the venue--all ages was nice, with kids shuffling around (including my own teenage son). Jay in good spirits and sang with gusto. Devoted, enthusiastic crowd. Trio played most of Honky Tonk in addition to Trace. Great stuff. The guy is a national treasure.

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

No surprises in the setlist. All of Trace, Picture, Meth, Barstow, stuff from Honky Tonk, Driving the View, Back into Your World, Ballynene, Rainy Day Women.

Surprises: Eric Heywood! (Thought he wasn't on this leg). He's just so good. Fun to see how he watches and follows Jay, serving the songs.

Observations: Jay was Jay, but seemed to genuinely appreciate an enthusiastic crowd that was attentive and pretty quiet during songs. I think he likes the Sweetwater, and will hopefully make it a regular stop. Sound was outstanding. Gary played very tasteful stuff, and melded well with Heywood.

Jay was in the strongest, most expressive voice I've heard in a while. He also seemed to relish the rocking tunes (Route, Drown) more than he usually does--possibly reflecting recent Son Volt work?

So glad the three of them came to Marin!

bellevillemusic

Post by bellevillemusic »

Excellent show !

bellevillemusic

Post by bellevillemusic »

Excellent show !

professor_squishy

Need 2 tickets for Mill Valley Sweetwater show 6/18

Post by professor_squishy »

Anyone have extra tickets?