Hoping Machine

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

dcarter wrote:Greg, yes re still in Tampa. 5 more years until we exit this sauna. I'm glad you're doing well. Any more children? :D

Tom, my wife, daughters and grandkids are all well. Hailey is raising a piglet in FFA. It'll be ready for market in February. You could smoke Diesel's butt. :lol:
It gets worse every year, doesn't it? Hate to see you go. Let me but you a beer or two before you leave. It's been too long. No more kids, 2 is enough. Sylvie is now 10 and Nora is 8.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Woohooo111 The administrators were able to restore my account! And Doug, I could never cook something that has a name111

Glad to hear the family is doing well. My fifth grandchild was born in June, I'm officially old.

Edited to add the proper exclamation points.

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Greg, yes re still in Tampa. 5 more years until we exit this sauna. I'm glad you're doing well. Any more children? :D

Tom, my wife, daughters and grandkids are all well. Hailey is raising a piglet in FFA. It'll be ready for market in February. You could smoke Diesel's butt. :lol:

farrarfan1v2.0

Post by farrarfan1v2.0 »

gdavis5446 wrote:
farrarfan1v2.0 wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
farrarfan1v2.0 wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
farrarfan1v2.0 wrote:Goddamn. Why can't every song be as good as this one.
Hey where you been dude? Hope you are well.
Lurking and snooping around. I'm doing well sir, and you?
Not too bad. Plugging along like everyone else. Miss this old place but only come back here and snoop and post on occasion.
Yeah, back in the day this place was a blast. A year or so ago I tried to log in and the site wouldn't let me saying my account was inactive so I created a new one, but it's just not the same.
Good deal. You still chasing bad guys or smoking butts full time?
dcarter wrote:Thought I should log in to keep my account active. I don't want to suffer the same fate as farrarfan1! Greetings, Tom, Greg, et al.

Oh yeah, Hoping Machine, dudes.
Hey buddy! You still calling HC home?
Greg, I'm still doing both! Douglas, hope all is well with you and yours.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

farrarfan1v2.0 wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
farrarfan1v2.0 wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:
Not too bad. Plugging along like everyone else. Miss this old place but only come back here and snoop and post on occasion.
Yeah, back in the day this place was a blast. A year or so ago I tried to log in and the site wouldn't let me saying my account was inactive so I created a new one, but it's just not the same.
Good deal. You still chasing bad guys or smoking butts full time?
dcarter wrote:Thought I should log in to keep my account active. I don't want to suffer the same fate as farrarfan1! Greetings, Tom, Greg, et al.

Hey buddy! You still calling HC home?

dcarter

Post by dcarter »

Thought I should log in to keep my account active. I don't want to suffer the same fate as farrarfan1! Greetings, Tom, Greg, et al.

farrarfan1v2.0

Re: Hoping Machine

Post by farrarfan1v2.0 »

gdavis5446 wrote:
farrarfan1v2.0 wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

farrarfan1v2.0 wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:

el caballo loco

Post by el caballo loco »

Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order
Out of order

farrarfan1v2.0

Post by farrarfan1v2.0 »

gdavis5446 wrote:

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Tokyo Fan wrote:I looked at the Wikipedia entry for New Multitudes and it claims that Jim James (Yim Yames) wrote the music for Hoping Machine. (In the article body. On the track listings it shows Farrar as the writer.)

Also, starts off by saying it was supposed to be a Farrar solo with Will Johnson as a contributor. I'm pretty sure it was originally supposed to be with Anders Parker. Johnson was the last guy to be brought on board.

So it goes.
Yeah, that sounds like a whole bunch of misinformation. I clearly remember an interview with Jim James shortly after the record's release in which he said he decided to become involved in the project after hearing a recording of Jay playing 'Hoping Machine.' He said he was struck by the song's beauty and reached out to Jay asking to participate. I think all four of them composed their own music and chose their own Woody lyrics. And my understanding is that no one even had much input in anyone's songs other than their own.

Tim in the ATL

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

I looked at the Wikipedia entry for New Multitudes and it claims that Jim James (Yim Yames) wrote the music for Hoping Machine. (In the article body. On the track listings it shows Farrar as the writer.)

Also, starts off by saying it was supposed to be a Farrar solo with Will Johnson as a contributor. I'm pretty sure it was originally supposed to be with Anders Parker. Johnson was the last guy to be brought on board.

So it goes.

CanadianVolt

Post by CanadianVolt »

Some of Jays best work to date. Really diggin it.

mcarlton

Post by mcarlton »

Absolutely love this song.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »