16 horsepower finished

calexico

Post by calexico »

Yea,I can't wait.Am bringing a mate who had never even heard of the band until late last year and he is like straining at the leash to get there!! :D

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

Cool! You're in for a treat! Lots of awesome new tunes!

calexico

Post by calexico »

No not a thing....am really looking forward to these two nights and of course the drinking that will precede and follow them! :D

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

Great! I've been playing a lot of Jay and Son Volt as well, but I don't think I'll be able to catch them over here. Have you heard any of the Son Volt concerts from this year

calexico

Post by calexico »

BM.....hey man how's it hanging? :D

Just joined up here...seeing as how I am gonna see the band soon and have been playing little else than Jay all week!!

BoogieMan

Post by BoogieMan »

yo, calexico!

calexico

Post by calexico »

A truly unique band and a great loss.I saw them only once but they blew me away and like the earlier post seeing them play Day Of The Lords was spellbinding.

Haggischomper

Post by Haggischomper »

That's a damn shame., if I can use that pun on JF board. One of the most unique bands I ever saw live (I saw them open for GLB too). Secret South is magical as are Hoarse and Folklore.

Mort

Post by Mort »

Saw them back in 1998 in Oslo. Great show. Both 16HP and WH have played Norway a lot since, but never Trondheim. Guess my friend, the die-hard fan, will be devastated!

Damaged Son

Post by Damaged Son »

Hmmm.
I guess this really shouldn't be a surprise.
I'd noticed a tremendous lack of 16 HP activity (excluding the release of 'Olden') since their last album, Folklore...and more and more individual projects being pursued by the members like David Eugene Edwards' 'Woven Hand' stuff.

Check those out if the odd flavor of 16 HP's music and the religious undercurrent of his writing were the things that attracted you to the band.

D-mn. I'm glad they caught my rabid attention when i saw them open for Grant Lee Buffalo back in...1997? I think they were touring to support that first album.
And then, i saw them touring for Secret South.
Phenomenal and spellbinding performances.
Watching them cover Joy Division's '24 Hours' was fantastic.

partyroy

16 horsepower finished

Post by partyroy »

I just got an email ... spiritual and political differences.... Secret South was a fantastic album.