Well, hello! It's been a minute.

Should we breathe new life back into this board?

Meh ... Facebook is fine. See you there, suckers!
4%
Yes! Facebook is for memes and photos of other people's kids.
14%
I'll say yes, but will probably forget to check in for another year.
11%
YES, BOARD! How else will non-Facebooking Jay see our decades of dedication and assorted shenanigans?
71%

Total votes: 28

widespreadchanges

Post by widespreadchanges »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:
Hoops wrote:
Godsownsinger wrote:Where is Calexico?
He's been busy this past decade celebrating all of Arsenal's premier league titles.
That is such a burn, John! :twisted:

Get your butt on FB, miss you!
"I know. Looks like he almost asked what god looks like. I worry bout that fellow he ain't right

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Hoops wrote:
He's been busy this past decade celebrating all of Arsenal's premier league titles.
That is such a burn, John! :twisted:

Get your butt on FB, miss you!

Godsownsinger

Post by Godsownsinger »

calexico wrote:

Calexico is about 122 miles (196 km) east of San Diego and 62 miles (100 km) west of Yuma, Arizona. The name of the city is a portmanteau of California and Mexico, which, like that of its adjacent sister city of Mexicali, emphasizes its identity as a border city.
Sweet! Im on the right highway then :)

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

widespreadchanges

I thought Calexico was a band named after the state and the country.
Calexico is also a poster on this board...

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

calexico wrote:

Calexico is about 122 miles (196 km) east of San Diego and 62 miles (100 km) west of Yuma, Arizona. The name of the city is a portmanteau of California and Mexico, which, like that of its adjacent sister city of Mexicali, emphasizes its identity as a border city.
Fairly accurate!

calexico

Post by calexico »

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

gdavis5446 wrote:
Dr. Zapatos wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:My profile says I have been here since 2004. I know 13 years sounds like a lot but it seems like I have been coming here longer. I am was thinking it was 2001 but honestly I dont even know how long this place has existed. There's still at least a dozen of you that I would like to meet and share a drink with.
It started up in 2003. There was something of a board going on before that though, but I wasn't around. I'm up for a beer anytime possible.
If we are ever in the same time zone
It'd very difficult if not so:lol:

widespreadchanges

TragicFig wrote:Resurrect the board! I still come here often, hoping for the day when Jay announces his new electric SV record. I keep thinking of that scene in the OATMOR DVD when Jay says, "It was nice to get the band back together and turn it up again."

Also have been turned on to several musicians by board members' impeccable taste in music. Keep the board alive!
It's strategicallly lamented to leave and never return to any freakscene.net/bbs, so if ya can stand having freaks around.

Toney. Present. I'm 40 and I've seen Jay Farrar's haircut once. Probably makes me the most eligible fan to post here.

Who is the administrators and moderators of this site? Jay Farrar isn't really here since business is under way I think. CookOs

He keeps popping up in my guitar mesh mixes when i play, lilke drown, ten second news...Now if he only had another Tab Book.

Momo

Post by Momo »

momo mcbrizzle? present.

gdavis5446

Post by gdavis5446 »

Dr. Zapatos wrote:
gdavis5446 wrote:My profile says I have been here since 2004. I know 13 years sounds like a lot but it seems like I have been coming here longer. I am was thinking it was 2001 but honestly I dont even know how long this place has existed. There's still at least a dozen of you that I would like to meet and share a drink with.
It started up in 2003. There was something of a board going on before that though, but I wasn't around. I'm up for a beer anytime possible.
If we are ever in the same time zone

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Sigh...

Monkeygunner

FUCK DRUMPF

Post by Monkeygunner »

we're all DOOMED. New music from Son Volt will help with that....

Hank Snow

Post by Hank Snow »

Great to hear from you Dev!!!

Dr. Zapatos

Post by Dr. Zapatos »