Hey Jay, Chris Shiflett wants you on his podcast.

calexico

Post by calexico »

That podcast is rather good. I cherry pick episodes according to my interest but it's a fun listen.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Chris gives SV a nice shout out during this interview, which I think was on New York local television. The whole interview is solid and the host isn't bad. If you do want to skip to the SV part it's around the 4-5 minute mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYllFhYcOPM

mtruslow

Post by mtruslow »

Wow, great. I wish he were coming close to DC. Thanks for replying.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

mtruslow wrote:@jr29 Please PM me & know how it was. He's not going anywhere near me.
The show was great. Robby Turner, a Nashville pedal steel guy who played on Shiflett's new record, sat in for the whole show and he was tremendous.
They opened with Tiger by The Tail and closed with Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way. Everything in between was an original tune.

mtruslow

Post by mtruslow »

@jr29 Please PM me & know how it was. He's not going anywhere near me.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I'm actually planning on going to Nashville next weekend to check out a Shiflett show. Looking forward to it.

widespreadchanges

Post by widespreadchanges »

Dear mtruslow,
I did not come here to get your pee. I just wanted to warn some of you about these. It will and is interesting to see if Jay Farrar agrees to any interview.
Sincerely,
Tony

@jr29 I haven't listened to the Eagles in years, more routined to see if I hear any of their influences in music of today, like in Scud Mountain Boys or another example, Dinosaur Jr's track 3 off Beyond. You just got me thinking and I still like Henley even though he has beliefs.

mtruslow

Post by mtruslow »

@Jr29, On "Marry Me" You're absolutely right, I never thought of that. To me it sounded like a great lost Stones single.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I don't really like the Foo Fighters at all but I do think Shiflett has done some really good on stuff on his own and he absolutely has a love for old time, Bakersfield style country music.
His podcast is great.

And the song does sound like Wagon Wheel but I don't care. "Marry Me" by the Drive By Truckers sounds exactly like "Already Gone" by the Eagles but that's never stopped me from loving it.

mtruslow

Post by mtruslow »

turpentim wrote:
mtruslow wrote:Tony, You really didn't answer my PM. So why the hell should anyone believe you when you call Chris a "pathological liar"?
mtruslow, don't weigh this too heavily. widespread is at least half bot.

Tim in the ATL
Tim, I'm going to follow your advice. I don't feel like turning this into a fucking pissing match. Thanks and Best, Mark.

beatenbynonfiction

Post by beatenbynonfiction »

That clears it up

widespreadchanges

Post by widespreadchanges »

Dear Mtruslow,

I'm just saying he could mitt Jay Farrar with a question that out of left field because of his association with the "all my life" abusive single band...AND I sent you two pm's about this, one accidently to Barclock....But I know, Mascis and family says can't get upset about the song...

Sincerely,
Tony

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

mtruslow wrote:Tony, You really didn't answer my PM. So why the hell should anyone believe you when you call Chris a "pathological liar"?
mtruslow, don't weigh this too heavily. widespread is at least half bot.

Tim in the ATL

mtruslow

Post by mtruslow »

Tony, You really didn't answer my PM. So why the hell should anyone believe you when you call Chris a "pathological liar"?

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IwZlip9hhk

Sounds a lot like a rip-off of Old Crow Medicine Show. I do look forward to hearing the rest of the record though.

Tim in the ATL