St. Louis Show

mmotony

Post by mmotony »

Jay played Off Broadway 3 years ago. And I believe he’s played there a few times before. Not my favorite venue in town.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

Bummed I missed it. I was tricked by my ex into
hanging with the kid. Love my kid so no problem
being a dad but the trickery is what gets me.
She got me a T-shirt though so that’s cool I guess.

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

Jay played Off Broadway 3 years ago. And I believe he’s played there a few times before. Not my favorite venue in town.

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Really appreciate the report CR. Thanks for taking the time to post!

criminals

St. Louis Show

Post by criminals »

Saw the boys Friday night in St. Louis. They played at Off Broadway. I may be wrong but in my 23 years of seeing SV in STL I don't think they have ever played there. I don't even remember Jay playing there. It is home base for The Bottle Rockets when they are back in town. Unfortunately I have never seen them there (always on the list of things to do but never seems to happen). So it my first time at the venue. Very cool place. Smallish, I am guessing maybe 400 or so? Maybe less than that. There is one bar in the place with about 3 bartenders and the line was not long at all. I had purchased Balcony tickets. I would describe it more as a crow's nest. A couple rows of seats and three high top tables with 3 seats each around them. We were at one of those. Maybe 30 people up there. We were right behind the Farrar reserved seating. Looked to be Jay's kids and nephews and nieces from what I could tell. The view from up there was through an opening of maybe a couple feet. So not the best view but it was a good vibe so we went with it.

The setlist was identical to the show at The Pageant earlier in the year, with the exception of Around and Around. That was the day Chuck Berry passed away. Jay was in shades and in fine form. Chris and Mark absolutely tore it up, so fun to watch. Overall a great night and another killer SV show in the books.