Okemah and The Melody of Riot

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Medication was the first song that popped up on shuffle mode this a.m. It fit the mood perfectly and I was wowed by the interplay of the instruments. For me, this is a song that has improved with age, not just held up.

ThrasherBear

Re: Okemah and The Melody of Riot

Post by ThrasherBear »

turpentim wrote:
Gold Rush wrote:Just saw that Okemah is now available on streaming services. Finally!!!
WAHOO! Holy smokes. I hate to admit it, but I have become so dependent on Apple Music that I haven’t listened to this record in ages. I’ll listen tomorrow, and it’ll feel damn near like the first time. Stoked!

Tim in the ATL
Snapple out of it! Play the vinyl! Those guitars and that voice, on a full stereo with turntable and tubes--that's the way Son Volt is made to be heard (well, live is best of course).
:D

criminals

Post by criminals »

Enjoy Tim! Let us know if you gain a newfound appreciation for the Brad Rice era. I certainly have listening to this record periodically over time. And The Search probably even more.

Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Just loved it. :D

turpentim

Re: Okemah and The Melody of Riot

Post by turpentim »

Gold Rush wrote:Just saw that Okemah is now available on streaming services. Finally!!!
WAHOO! Holy smokes. I hate to admit it, but I have become so dependent on Apple Music that I haven’t listened to this record in ages. I’ll listen tomorrow, and it’ll feel damn near like the first time. Stoked!

Tim in the ATL

Gold Rush

Okemah and The Melody of Riot

Post by Gold Rush »

Just saw that Okemah is now available on streaming services. Finally!!!