Sausalito Show!

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Thanks for the report Thrasher. Confirmation of a new record from Mark Spencer! Happy days!

Charles

Post by Charles »

dbfbdfbngffnfn

Charles

Post by Charles »

dbfdbd

ThrasherBear

Sausalito Report

Post by ThrasherBear »

A fine afternoon of music by the boys in black (Mark--was that a coincidence?). 2:00 is a tough starting time, but the band played great and Jay was in fine voice and mood. Pretty standard set (which isn't a bad thing), possibly rushed a little by the schedule, and no new songs. Chris and Mark ripped it up on Ten Second News, and Jay did mighty battle with his Gretsch on Chickamauga. Band intros included states (Vermont, Oregon, Ohio, Texas). Setlist, perhaps a little out of order:

Static
Lost Souls
Cherokee Street
Damn Shame
The Picture
Dynamite
Midnight
Back Into Your World
Sinking Down
Ten Second News
Promise the World
Back Against the Wall
Tear Stained Eye
Bandages & Scars
Route
Driving the View
Afterglow 61
Drown

Windfall
Walls ("tribute to Tom Petty")
Chickamauga

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

ThrasherBear wrote:Any of the new album material in the setlist?
My guess is that material won't get debuted until the album is released, but you never know.

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

ThrasherBear wrote:And could you please persuade Jay to play the beautiful Angel of the Blues? Has he (and you) ever played it live?
We've never played it live, but it's still my favorite song of his that I played on the recording of (I played almost all the instruments on the song as well (all but acoustic and drums), but that's not even why it's my favorite, though if I was tasked with suggesting a song I was proud of having recorded and played on, that would be it)

ThrasherBear

Post by ThrasherBear »

Thanks for the update Mark, and thank you to Jay and the Band for making the trek out. We in the Bay Area (especially Marin County) are really lucky! Hope you guys have fun, and see you Sunday! Any of the new album material in the setlist? And could you please persuade Jay to play the beautiful Angel of the Blues? Has he (and you) ever played it live?

Jason Isbell (and Aimee Mann) at the Greek was excellent. Mixed rockers and acoustic throughout, with Amanda Shires featured prominently. His band is killer, especially Sadler Vaden on guitar. Set closer Decoration Day roared.

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

It is a full band show.

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Have a great time Thrasher! We expect a full report. I've got Isbell coming up in SDGO. Enjoy the SV/DBT Sunday! 8)

ThrasherBear

Son Volt in Marin Sunday

Post by ThrasherBear »

Can't wait to see them--2:00 start. Followed by Drive-By Truckers. Ironically, Jason Isbell is playing THE Greek (University of California, Berkeley) tonight, the other Greek (LA) tomorrow, and then not again until Monday at Red Rocks. It wouldn't be hard for him to hop on a 1 hour flight Saturday or Sunday and hang out in Marin and join his buddy Jay and old band DBT on Sunday afternoon. Easy to get to Denver for the Red Rocks show Monday. Unlikely? Yes. But it would be pretty cool.

In any case, what a great Sunday I'm going to have. Anybody in or close to the Bay Area should be sure to be there. I'll bet Jay and the other band members will be out wandering around looking at the art before their set.

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

Love it! C'mon CA swing!

Just purchased tix to the Denver New Year's shows!! What a way to start 2019!!!! Yeeeeeeeeehaw! :P

ThrasherBear

Sausalito Show!

Post by ThrasherBear »

Glad I checked the Tour page--out of the blue a Son Volt set at the Sausalito Art Festival (not Arts, BTW). I hope it is an actual full band performance, but that's a long journey for single show. I assume they will announce some other West Coast dates. In any case, Jay in Marin twice in 3 months!!