Reality Winner

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

----
Last edited by ShuckOwens on Fri May 10, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TragicFig

Post by TragicFig »

megaballs wrote:This album is sweet as spring with the windows rolled down.
Forget the politics, useless and divisive.

Let’s hope Jay makes it down to SoCal and doesn’t
make us drive to Santa Barbara or Pioneertown again!

Help a brother out
Damn straight Mega! Loving the tunes released so far. Jay's voice is a marvel.

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

farrarfan1 wrote:Let's talk about something really important, like fixing this awful problem of the 1%, and the even worse .1%. They are truly the worst of the worse. Some of the most despicable people on the planet belong to these exclusive clubs. I mean, we're talking about people with names like Springsteen, Dylan, Young, Jagger, Obama and McCartney. The list of greedy, money hungry hoarders is practically endless when you throw in professional athletes and the Hollywood folks like Hanks, Carrey, Stewart, Jordan, Brady, James, Rodgers, Moore and Winfrey.

I think we can all agree that the government needs to stop all of this partisan bickering, reach across the aisle and work together to find a way to take all of the extra money these miserable people don't need and give it to those who are more deserving of it. This has gone on far too long, it's time to fix it.
And just about every single person you list here would agree. Not with your sarcastic intent, but with the literal meaning of your message. Being in the 1% doesn't limit you from fighting for those who aren't -- i.e. for greater income equality, more equitable tax laws, etc. Just like being white or straight or Christian or male -- all positions of power, generally speaking -- doesn't prohibit you for fighting for the rights of those who aren't.

It's truly amazing the shit that isn't common sense.

Tim in the ATL

amzie

Post by amzie »

I suppose if Jay picked a candidate 99% of his fans would go along, since his word is accepted as truth and he can do no wrong, with the exception of an extra syllable here and there, and an occasional lapse in his self-driven efforts to rhyme consistently. Plus, a few of his songs aren't awesome. I digress.

I doubt if many of you can even name the top 5 contenders without Googling.

But who cares. You can unite in your hatred of Trump and your joy in a new product by Jay Farrar.

There will never be a redistribution of wealth in this country. That would take an informed and dedicated populace.

Tupelo Son

Post by Tupelo Son »

amzie wrote:So who do you all think is a worthy candidate for the Dems in 2020, since HRC is not contending?

It's clear that Trump is not what we hoped for. So who should unseat him? I think it's time to stop bitching about him and get on with it.
@DevinCow

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Let's talk about something really important, like fixing this awful problem of the 1%, and the even worse .1%. They are truly the worst of the worse. Some of the most despicable people on the planet belong to these exclusive clubs. I mean, we're talking about people with names like Springsteen, Dylan, Young, Jagger, Obama and McCartney. The list of greedy, money hungry hoarders is practically endless when you throw in professional athletes and the Hollywood folks like Hanks, Carrey, Stewart, Jordan, Brady, James, Rodgers, Moore and Winfrey.

I think we can all agree that the government needs to stop all of this partisan bickering, reach across the aisle and work together to find a way to take all of the extra money these miserable people don't need and give it to those who are more deserving of it. This has gone on far too long, it's time to fix it.

amzie

Post by amzie »

So who do you all think is a worthy candidate for the Dems in 2020, since HRC is not contending?

It's clear that Trump is not what we hoped for. So who should unseat him? I think it's time to stop bitching about him and get on with it.

ShuckOwens

Post by ShuckOwens »

----
Last edited by ShuckOwens on Fri May 10, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unchartedthickets

Post by unchartedthickets »

Tokyo Fan wrote: What's going to happen once we've heard While Rome Burns and maybe a couple of the others?!
I can’t fucking wait 8)

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

Political songs are supposed to generate conversation. If it does, I think it's a success as that's the point. That said, I've nothing further to add re: Reality Winner.

What's going to happen once we've heard While Rome Burns and maybe a couple of the others?!

turpentim

Post by turpentim »

Fucking Christ. Can we agree to disagree and appreciate the music and the fact that Jay might have a different opinion/belief/interpretation than your own, and that he might also have the right to express his convictions in his art? You fuckers are all acting like political conviction in song is Farrar’s invention.

This is a Farrar FAN page. If you’re a fan and agree with his political convictions, shut the fuck up and enjoy the tunes. If you are a fan but disagree with his political convictions, shut the fuck up and enjoy the tunes. If you’re not a fan, get the fuck out of here.

Tim in the ATL

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Ok, we've established that our hero printed a classified intelligence report that "suggested that Russian hackers had accessed at least one U.S. voting-software supplier." Keep in mind that intelligence reports are merely documentation of suspected criminal activity being conducted by an individual(s) or organization(s), they are not the final report of an investigation. Intelligence reports can be based on tips from the public, hearsay or information uncovered during an investigation and may contain information that turns out to be false or inaccurate. An intelligence report would never be used as a supporting document in a pc affidavit requesting an arrest or search warrant.

This intelligence report was produced by someone other than our hero, and may have been based on information received or discovered by the author or it could be a summary of intelligence received or discovered by another investigator.

Can someone please explain to me how information contained in a single intelligence report that contains intelligence that may or may not have been documented as factual prove anything? I'll hang up now and await your response.

amzie

Post by amzie »

I guess you are trying to change the subject.

If you want to talk about Trump, count me out. I blame the Democrats for putting HRC against him. She was one of the most disliked candidates EVER. Many people who voted for Trump actually voted against her. With the state of our nation prior to the election I don't think it took Russian meddling to skew the election.

Come on now, let's look at 2020. If the Russians meddled, they might meddle again. We can't even figure out if it already happened.

Tokyo Fan

Post by Tokyo Fan »

amzie wrote:If Winner's info proved anything, it would be used in the investigation--as it turns out, her leak was inconsequential and she was a fool to risk punishment.

Farrar should refrain from statements about her proving anything, because it's bullshit. It has even been said that her leak could have compromised not only the investigation but national security, not that I care.

Give credit where credit is due. Because Jay Farrar thinks someone is a hero doesn't make that person a hero. Think for you own self.

Is this what being a fan is all about? Blind allegiance? Fuck that.
I keep getting sucked back in!

Useful in what investigation? You know who it might be useful to? (See below)

From politifact.com

In a December 2016 interview with Time, Trump said two things: He didn’t think Russia meddled, and that it might have.

"I don’t believe they interfered," Trump said. "That became a laughing point, not a talking point, a laughing point. Any time I do something, they say ‘oh, Russia interfered.’"

"But a moment later he said, "I believe that it could have been Russia and it could have been any one of many other people. Sources or even individuals."

"During an overseas trip to Asia in November 2017, Trump spoke of his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. A reporter asked how Trump brought up the issue of Russian meddling in the U.S. election.

"Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn't do that,’ " Trump said. "And I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it."

Over and out. Someone else can deal with your misinterpretations.

amzie

Post by amzie »

If Winner's info proved anything, it would be used in the investigation--as it turns out, her leak was inconsequential and she was a fool to risk punishment.

Farrar should refrain from statements about her proving anything, because it's bullshit. It has even been said that her leak could have compromised not only the investigation but national security, not that I care.

Give credit where credit is due. Because Jay Farrar thinks someone is a hero doesn't make that person a hero. Think for you own self.

Is this what being a fan is all about? Blind allegiance? Fuck that.