Space Junk City

dcarter

Re: Space Junk City

Post by dcarter »

I’m eating breakfast and reading the NYT. I check email and see SonVolt has a new album. I think, ‘no way jfarrar.net is extant’.
Fucking hell! Jim, Glenn (Glen?), Hoops, Tim (thank you for the words) and fucking Marius have all posted since I returned from my bike ride to the the pub. 2 beers became 2 years. Hahaha! I appreciate the updates.

Starting my final school year on Monday. Whoot! I vow to check this thread every Saturday.

Dr. Zapatos

Re: Space Junk City

Post by Dr. Zapatos »

Update: The kids are fine. They’re not what you might call fans of Son Volt, but the time will come.

Hope everybody’s doing well out there, all things considered :)

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Whoa Jon, that's awesome1 I'm guessing you're a great dad.

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

Haha! No idea either. Just having fun with you, I figure.

It has been some time. Since our last regular communication, I’ve had a couple of kids. A boy (5) and a girl (3). They both literally and figuratively kick me in the balls daily.

Good times.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Jon, I’m doing quite well, how about you? I always loved the RS pictures you put up, but damned if I can remember how it started. Old age I guess!

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

Tom, hope all is well in your world. Calexico informed me some of the old knuckleheads popped up over here. Nice to see some familiar names.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Jon111

Hoops

Post by Hoops »

farrarfan1 wrote:this reunion is just getting better and better.

calexico

Post by calexico »

Doug, shit man. So sorry to hear about your daughter. I cannot imagine how horrible that must be for you and your family.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Doug mentions riding his bike then goes silent. Seems oddly familiar somehow...

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Glenn, this reunion is just getting better and better! I’m doing great, how about you? And hells bells I live in Clark County! PM me his name when you get a chance.

Lawrence Fan

Post by Lawrence Fan »

Doug, so sorry to hear about your daughter. I truly can't imagine it or conceive of how I'd handle that. I only hope I'd do as well as you appear to have.

Still following the football? I miss those conversations, seems I'm being a European football fan in a void. I guess I have Sporting KC locally, but MLS still pales compared to the big leagues in Europe.

Tom!! Hope all is well. I've actually been talking to a cop in Clark County, IN for some 9-1-1 stuff. Isn't that across the river from you? I think of you whenever he calls me.

Do any of the Facebookers here know what Marius is doing? Is he in to politics now? I confess I never bother with the translate button on his FB posts.

I miss Ben. <sigh>

Talus

Post by Talus »

Doug, work is work, ya know? Just a means to an end for me. That end has been more and longer hikes. Our last long one was 160ish miles in the Collegiate Peaks Wilderness in CO. Some albums if you are bored:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52822680@N00/albums

Talus

Post by Talus »

I'm just doing it on a Weber kettle with a Slow and Sear, but it gets the job done. I've done a couple of briskets that turned out really nice for first tries and ribs and pork shoulders of course. I really enjoy doing hot indirect cooks making wings and fried chicken. I found a fake KFC breading that comes out really good doing the indirect high heat. Looking forward to being able to stand for longer periods of time so I can do another shoulder and a brisket.

farrarfan1

Post by farrarfan1 »

Rich, good to hear you’re still kicking, bum leg and all. The long cooks can be a challenge but I have three smokers, two of which are great for overnight cooks. Takes about an hour for the cooking temp to settle in and then they just do their thing overnight while I sleep.