Hard Is The Fall

Re: Hard Is The Fall

Post by Guest »

I don't know how anyone can listen to Hard is the fall, either version, or Dent County and not feel something. Or how about Heart on the Ground? I think Heart on the Ground I marks the first time is several albums that Jay really put some guts into a vocal.
Scalzunfield wrote:Anyone else think this song could be SO much better without the lame echo effect? I can't help but skip right over the song because the echo gives me a headache. Also, thus far I am disappointed with the album after a few listens. Maybe it'll take a few more, but I'm just not hearing anything all that special (with the exception of No Rolling Back and All Of Your Might). Anyone else with the same feelings?

Revjdevans

Post by Revjdevans »

I actually like the echo effect--it shows Farrar seems to be making SOME attempt to sound a little different, just like on "Fool King's Crown". Sadly, I think most of it sounds pretty much like the Same Ole Thing, even a little bit listless there in the middle section.

countryBoy

GADJITS RULE OK

Post by countryBoy »

HELLO

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Yeah, I like Hard is the Fall II a lot better. The echo isn't bad in the middle of lines, but at the beginning of the lines, it is ike listening to "Trans" once again.

I almost take that back already.

Dan

Post by Dan »

I agree about the echo effect....it's hard to listen to. I really like some of the songs....I'll admit that I kept hoping each new song rocked harder than the last, but it never happened. Jay sounds great on mellow songs, but I wish he would mix it up with some more aggressive stuff too.

Scalzunfield

Hard Is The Fall

Post by Scalzunfield »

Anyone else think this song could be SO much better without the lame echo effect? I can't help but skip right over the song because the echo gives me a headache. Also, thus far I am disappointed with the album after a few listens. Maybe it'll take a few more, but I'm just not hearing anything all that special (with the exception of No Rolling Back and All Of Your Might). Anyone else with the same feelings?