Driving the View
Tear Stained Eye
Windfall
(2nd Encore with Canyon)
Lucifer Sam

Hank Snow

More Dallas Show

Post by Hank Snow »

No God'sownsinger, I wasn't wearing a Sebastopol shirt, I had a black seat shirt, standing directly in front of the steps at the stage.

Hurricane is a fantastic song, probably my favorite Neil Young song, and when they did it at ACL fest in austin I thought it was just incredible, but I think you are right that Lucifer Sam was even better. Seems like everyone was jamming so ahrd and doing their own thing. Joe Winkle from Canyon was kneeling in front of his effects just making some beautiful noise and Jay was running the strings along the mike stand, and the rhythm section was just going nuts. That was like 10 or 12 minutes of some pretty fantastic music (in addition to the already incredible rest of the show).

bajeffries

Post by bajeffries »

We'll shoot up during, that goes without saying...just need to know if we should shoot up before the show...ah, the good ol' days when Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains ruled this town...boy, I could use a good stick poked in my eye...

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

Set list from Milwaukee:

Greenwich Time
Punch Drunk
Hard is the Fall
Six String Belief
Feel Free
Make it Alright
No Rolling Back
Cahokian
Fool Kings Crown
All of Your Might
Heart on the Ground
California
Hanging on to You
Barstow
Drain
Damaged Son
Damn Shame
Vitamins
Feed Kill Chain
Voodoo Candle
Clear Day Thunder
Tear Stained Eye
Windfall
Like a Hurricane

I thought everybody shot up in Seattle before listening to music.

bajeffries

upcoming Seattle show

Post by bajeffries »

My wife and I have tickets for the 1/27 Seattle show. While the wife loves SV stuff, she thought TB sounded like "junkie music." She wants to know if JF will be playing Windfall, Tear Stained Eye, Hanging Blue Side, Looking for a Way Out, etc. Can anyone who's seen shows from this tour give a complete, or nearly complete, set list to a show so that I can assure her that we don't need to shoot up before we go? Thanks a bunch...

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

Thanks Hank, you are correct - it is 6 string belief, don't know where I got drag from.

Allow me to chime in, in saying that Lucifer Sam is the more rocking ending to the show than Hurricane. And I've heard both.

Sidenote, I recall talking to the keyboardist from Canyon and asked him how they came up with Lucifer Sam for a cover. He admitted that it was all Jay, and most of the guys in the band didn't even know of the song prior to.

Godsownsinger

hey Hank?

Post by Godsownsinger »

Hank, did you have on a 'sebastopol" t-shirt on?

Hank Snow

6 String Belief

Post by Hank Snow »

According to Jay's copy of the set list that I got after the show the new song is called 6 String Belief. The cover song at the end was Pink Floyd's Lucifer Sam from the Piper at the Gates of Dawn album. I was hoping for Like a Hurricane after seeing him do that one in Austin, but this was just as amazing and jaw dropping.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Well, I'll have to make a correction, I think. A poster at the Dallas show, which was the night after Fayetteville, said they closed with Pink Floyd's "Lucifer Sam.", another song I'm not familiar with......so, that may have been what they closed in Fayetteville with.

keith21

Post by keith21 »

Well, I've never heard Jay do it, but it is a great jam song, I could think of no one better to cover that song.
Thanks!

Dan

Re: Fayetteville

Post by Dan »

mzkmm wrote:Thanks for the report, Dan! I was waiting for Arkansas contacts to e-mail me, but you drove to Oklahoma and still beat them. As a reward? Were you aware of this factoid? Farrar once considered being a history teacher?
No, I didn't know, this, but thanks for the info. Makes me like him even more! You can certainly tell from Jay's lyrics that he does know how to link the past with the present and the future.

Dan

Post by Dan »

tillotson505 wrote:Dan, I think the title of that song is "Six String Drag." I'm guessing that it's a new one, and a very good one too.

What was the closing tune - any recall?
tillotson....you're right, the song you say is called 'Six String Drag' was a very good song. As for the closing tune, I've seen posters here say it has been Neil Young's "Like a Hurricane." (Is that the name of it?" Problem is, I'm not familiar with that song, but judging from their descriptions of it, that's what it must have been. Screaming guitars, very intense, Jay playing his guitar strings against his mic stand. A great way to end it, for sure. His first encore was he, his guitar and harmonica singing Driving the View, Windfall, and Tear-Stained Eye. Then came back and did Like a Hurricane with Canyon.

mzkmm

Fayetteville

Post by mzkmm »

Thanks for the report, Dan! I was waiting for Arkansas contacts to e-mail me, but you drove to Oklahoma and still beat them. As a reward? Were you aware of this factoid? Farrar once considered being a history teacher?

keith21

Post by keith21 »

I'd love to hear he's still doing hurricane. im seeing him next week.

tillotson505

Post by tillotson505 »

Dan, I think the title of that song is "Six String Drag." I'm guessing that it's a new one, and a very good one too.

What was the closing tune - any recall?